MCDERMOTT INTERNATIONAL INC., is a world-class engineering, fabrication, project management and marine installation contractor. We’ve been providing services to the global offshore oil & gas industry for more than 50 years. Our projects range from deep water subsea facilities to the largest and most complex oil & gas production systems in the world. With operations in the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East, McDermott provides a world of experience.
Term of Employment: Approximately 6 months, with the possibility of extension
Job Description: Rigger/Scaffolder
A combined role, the Rigger/Scaffolder responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Responsible in all aspects of deck activities
· Carrying out good housekeeping and continually cleaning general deck areas to remove potential obstructions and return equipment and material not in use to their designated storage areas.
· Loading and offloading materials
· Participating in project work as instructed by Rigger Leaderman and Foreman
· Knowledge of lifting equipment in use is key
· Continuously monitor rigging equipment being used and remove from service any equipment found defective
· Erecting and dismantling scaffolding; inspect and sort scaffolding as required.
· Maintaining and up-keep of scaffolding materials, in proper order
· Responsible for refusing unsafe work and for carrying out all work in accordance with the established HSES Safety Standards and Work Practices
· Ensuring that all activities are undertaken in accordance with all safety and quality requirements